AWARENESS OF SWINE FLU
SYMPTOMS AND PRECAUTIONERY MEASURES AGAINST SWINE FLU' OR H1N1 VIRUS!
According to latest news around the world Swine flu is established worldwide. A number of deaths have been reported worldwid so far. Initially the disease, Swine flu infects pigs caused by the H1N1 virus then transmitted to human beings. It is not a new disease it was noted in past also. The deaths reported were between 50 million and 1 hundred million.
The main symptoms are – Headache, Fever, Soaring Throat, troublesome breathing, cough and body ache, chill, fatigue, abdominal pain, diarrhoea and severe vomiting as shown in common flu.
Serious sings of Swine Flu – Worse cough, Pneumonia, Pain or Pressure in Chest, rapid breathing, number of heart beats – 100 ore more, Bluish or grey skin colour, low blood pressure due to dehydration, no desire of liquid intake, unable to interact, Dizziness and confusion, very high body temperature and respiratory failure.
It is a communicable disease which spreads through sputum, saliva, nasal discharge and sneezing of confirmed infected person.
People showing flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, running nose and difficulty in breathing should be allowed to stay at home for a period of 7 to 10 days.
There is no need to worry a lot as the Swine flu is curable. As suggested by elders that prevention is better than cure, the following precautionery measures must be taken, to minimise the chances of getting infected with Swine flu;
1. People showing flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, running nose and
difficulty in breathing should be allowed to stay at home for a period of 7 to 10 days and
consult your nearest medical practitioner
2. Avoid contact with the pigs (swine). If you have pigs in your area then please inform the
local municipal office so that they can take care of those pigs by keeping them isolated.
3. Keep a distance of minimum 6 feet from people affected with Catarrh, Cough and Fever.
4. Swine flu is communicable disease, so use the face masks to protect from
the swine flu antigens.
5. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, using one time dispoable
tissue paper when possible.
6. Avoid shaking hands, embracing and visiting the congested places and also
crowded places like theaters, this can be a cause of spreading ground for Swine flu.
7. Wash your hands frequently with soap or diluted water of dettol at least 6-8
times a day to reduce the spread of virus.
8. Instruct the above points to children as they may be victimised easily with the Swine flu.
9. Avoid eating outside food because it may be contaminated and may make you
infected with the virus.
10. Don't use the public urinals because many people spit there,
which could lead to the spreading of the disease.
11. Use boiled water only to Drink.
12. Recommended, Homeopathy medicine Influenzinum 200 – 5 pills 3 times a Day.
13. Good food, clean living, rest and exercise are the basic ingredients.
There are certain nutrients that have been shown to strengthen immune system,
such as echinacea, vitamins C, E, beta carotene, zinc, and elderberries.